Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jamil Garbutt


How are teenagers portrayed in the media?
Teenagers in my eyes are viewed as constant vigilantes and are blamed for a lot of societys problems. There are those who view teenagers as the next generation of working class citizens, but in the same sense they will agree that teenagers cause a lot of trouble before adult hood.
As a teenager myself I do realize I cause a lot of trouble at the expense of others just to have fun, but when it comes down to the bone of the matter I will get serious. When the media portrays teenagers we often bring the negative view to oursleves with music videos like Ey bay bay



Bringing a strictly sexual view to teenagers, but a lot of teenagers are positive, thus proven in videos like The Frays How to save a Life, bringing a more In touch and caring view to teenagers;



Thanks for reading,
Jamil Garbutt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, I am the head of a facebook group about teenage issues and i was wondering if I could use your picture?